Postdoc positions in SZU-NUS Collaborative Innovation Center (advertised on 24 June 2014):
The “Surface Science & Nanophotonics” research group under Prof. Andrew WEE (NUS) and Prof. Wenjing ZHANG (SZU) from the Shenzhen University-National University of Singapore Collaborative Innovation Center, has openings for Post-Doctoral positions.
1. Introduction of the group:
The SZU-NUS collaborative innovation center was founded on 13 June 2014 to do world-class research in nanophotonics, integrating the research strengths of NUS and SZU. The postdocs will be co-supervised by a professor of NUS and a professor of SZU, and will do research in NUS and/or SZU labs.
The news of the collaborative center ：
Principal Investigator (NUS) ： Prof. Andrew T. S. WEE:
- BA Hons (Physics) & MA: University of Cambridge, UK (1984, 1988)
PhD: University of Oxford, UK (1990)
Surface Science lab in NUS: http://www.physics.nus.edu.sg/~surface/index.htm
Graphene Research Center in NUS ： http://graphene.nus.edu.sg/
Principal Investigator (SZU) ： Prof. Wenjing ZHANG( 张文静 )
- PhD: Peking University（2003-2008）
- Research Fellow:
Nanyang technological University, Singapore (2008-2010)
Academia Sinica, Taiwan (2010-2013)
National University of Singapore (2013-2014)
- Professor: Shenzhen University (2014-present)
- Background of research field：
a. CVD Synthesis of 2D materials; References:
Results introduced by Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Chemistry:
b. Characterization of electronic properties by Raman spectroscopy:
Results highlighted by Nature Physics: http://www.nature.com/nphys/journal/v9/n8/full/nphys2723.html
c. Optoelectronics based on 2d materials:
2. Research areas (1-2 postdoc positions for each area):
- CVD growth of 2D materials (graphene, MoS 2, WSe 2 etc.)
- Characterization of 2D materials by confocal Raman and photoluminescence spectroscopies, and fabrication of nano-devices.
- Novel nanophotonic devices based on 2D materials.
- Studying the local electronic and structural properties of 2D materials by STM/STS.
3. Conditions of candidates:
- PhD degree in materials, physics, photonics, chemistry or related fields.
- Good publication record in SCI journals.
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven expertise in lab setup.
4. Salary and duration:
- Duration: 2 years
- Salary: 180K-240K RMB/year(40K-50K SGD/year) depending on the experience of the candidate
- Opportunities after the postdoc program:
- The outstanding postdoc can be recommended to a position in SZU.
- 100k RMB start-up funding if working in Shenzhen city.
- 800k RMB housing subsidy, if meets the condition of “back-up talent program” of Shenzhen City.
- Candidates who have worked overseas for more than one year can apply for the “Peacock program” of Shenzhen City, and will be eligible for 800K-1000k RMB housing subsidy, and 3-5M RMB start-up funding if employed in Shenzhen University.
- News about increasing salary of postdocs in Shenzhen city: http://gjzx.mof.gov.cn/mofhome/mof/xinwenlianbo/shenzhencaizhengxinxilianbo/201405/t20140530_1086391.html
5. Application documents:
- BS and PhD certificates
- Representative published papers
- Recommendation letter of supervisor
December 31, 2014
SZU-NUS collaborative Innovation Center for optoelectronic Science & Technology
Prof. Wenjing ZHANG( 张文静 )
Email: email@example.com (Chinese mainland) firstname.lastname@example.org (Oversea)