Artistic image of quantum dots embedded in transparent glass
Welcome to Femtosecond Laser Spectroscopy Laboratory !
The mission of this lab is to understand fast photo-dynamics in novel materials, which have potentials for optical limiting, optical imaging, and optical switching. To achieve this mission, we have put our effort in establishing the following laser techniques.
(1) Z-scan measurements with femtosecond laser pulses.
(2) Femtosecond time-resolved pump-probe measurements.
(3) Nonlinear transmission measurements.
We are in close collaboration with chemists and material scientists. The following is a selection of novel materials that we are working on.
(1) Nanotubes and nanoparticles.
(2) Transparent oxides.
(3) Inorganic metal clusters.
(4) Organic polymers.