Goki EDAPhD, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA (2009)
Associate Professor (Dean’s Chair)
Office : S13-02-05 | Tel : (65) 6516 2970
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Eda studies electronic and optical phenomena in two-dimensional (2D) solids. His research group aims to develop novel electronic and photonic devices based on 2D semiconductors for information technologies and energy harvesting applications.
- Light-matter interaction
- Electrooptics and optoelectronics
- Mesoscopic charge transport
- 2D materials growth
- Crystal phase engineering
Strong coupling between excitons and plasmons gives rise to electromagnetically induced transparency
S. Wang, J. Wang, W. Zhao, F. Giustiniano, L. Chu, I. Verzhbitskiy, J.Z. Yong, and G. Eda “Efficient carrier-to-exciton conversion in field emission tunnel diodes based on MIS-type van der Waals heterostack” Nano Lett. 17, 5156 (2017).
D. Kozawa, A. Carvalho, I. Verzhbitskiy, F. Giustiniano, Y. Miyauchi, S. Mouri, A. H. Castro Neto, K. Matsuda, and G. Eda “Evidence for Fast Interlayer Energy Transfer in MoSe2/WS2 Heterostructures” Nano Lett. 16, 4087 (2016).
H. Schmidt, I. Yudhistira, L. Chu, A. H. Castro Neto, B. Oezyilmaz, S. Adam, and G. Eda "Quantum transport and observation of Dyakonov-Perel spin-orbit scattering in monolayer MoS2” Phys. Rev. Lett., 116, 046803 (2016).
W. Zhao, S. Wang, B. Liu, I. Verzhbitskiy, S. Li, F. Giustiniano, D. Kozawa, K.P. Loh, K. Matsuda, K. Okamoto, R.F. Oulton, and G. Eda “Exciton-plasmon coupling and electromagnetically induced transparency in monolayer semiconductors hybridized with Ag nanoparticles” Adv. Mater. 28, 2709 (2016).
W. Zhao, R.M. Ribeiro, and G. Eda “Electronic structure and optical signatures of semiconducting transition metal dichalcogenide nanosheets” Acc. Chem. Res. 48, 91 (2015).
D. Kozawa, R. S. Kumar, A. Carvalho, A. K. Kumar, W. Zhao, S. Wang, M. Toh, R. M. Ribeiro, A. H. Castro Neto, K. Matsuda, G. Eda “Photocarrier relaxation pathway in two-dimensional semiconducting transition metal dichalcogenides” Nat. Comm. 5, 4543 (2014).
Affiliations & Links
- National Research Foundation Research Fellowship, Jan 2011.
- The Royal Society Newton International Fellowship, Sept 2009.
- Young Scientist Award, European Materials Research Society, June 2009.
- Postdoctoral and PhD positions are available in my group in Physics/Chemistry Department and Graphene Research Centre. See our group website for details.
- Eda Lab (Nanomaterials & Devices Group)
- Centre for Advanced 2D Materials